Our Church’s Faith Promises will support 6 Long Term Missionaries in 2024
- Steve & Kathy Austvold
- Celebrate Recovery
- Choices & Voices
- Coldwater Foundation
- Jun & Regina Malon
- Amy & Andy Schmidt
How to Give this year
- Monthly Pledge – please email your pledge for 2024 to email@example.com
- One time gift
- 1st & 2nd Thrift Store – Volunteer hours go towards non-profits
How we give:
- Short Term Missions $500
- 2 year commitment from new missionaries
- Long term support monthly to cover portions of their expenses
- Sunday Service Prayer for each of the 6 missionaries. We also support other organizations with prayer.
How we decide who to support:
- Individuals/families that are members of our church body – or their extended family
- People groups that are served ex. Philippines
- What is the Mission? Ex. Sustainable crop production, sex trafficking/domestic abuse, leadership enrichment
Past Missions that have been supported – Church plant in St. Louis Park, YWAM, Mercy Ships, International Dinners, and many others.
Steve is the EFCA Mission Mobilizer for the North Central District and for the Northern Plains District. His role is to help equip local churches in their missions outreach worldwide. Kathy is on the ReachGlobal Asia Justice Initiatives leadership team, which is a new initiative of the EFCA that is focusing on oppressed, devalued and at-risk women and children, particularly in the area of human trafficking.
Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. It is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory.
A network of compassionate people caring for our community, to bring awareness to their choice, empower their voice, and promote healing from exploitation. Dedicated to the North Shore of Lake Superior community to embrace a spirit of compassion that creates hope not only to the vulnerable who have been exploited, but also to those who have wielded their power, yet know not love.
Coldwater Foundation exists to provide educational and outdoor leadership programs that promote maturity in people and transformation in community. In 2015 Coldwater purchased Mink Lake Wilderness Camp.
Jun & Regina live in the Philippines. Pastor Jun’s ministry includes Radio Ministry on radio stations DXCP in General Santos City and DXFE in Davao City; Bible Distribution, Tagakaulo Pastor’s Bible Teaching, and Tagakaulo mother tongue translation. Regina and is currently a Tagakaulo Literacy teacher trainer and Sunday School teacher trainer producing educational materials for both.
The Schmidt family are currently working in Panama. You can read more about their ministry here.